Turkey Hunting in New Hampshire
NH Turkey Season Dates and Resources
A turkey license, valid for both the spring and fall seasons, is required in New Hampshire. In addition to the turkey license, residents also must have a current NH hunting, archery or combination license, and nonresidents must have a big game hunting or archery license, depending on their hunting plans. Youth hunters age 15 or younger must possess a turkey license but do not need a hunting license.
- For details on seasons, shooting hours, and other rules, please consult the NH Hunting and Trapping Digest.
- It is unlawful to take a turkey with a rifle, air rifle, dogs, electronic calling devices, live decoys, by fanning or reaping, or while it is perched in a tree.
- EXCEPTION: Dogs are allowed during the NH fall turkey season only to facilitate the hunter in breaking up the flocks.
- If using a bow, it must be at least a 30-pound-pull bow.
- The name and address of the archer shall be plainly printed on each arrow. Fixed blade broadheads shall not be less than 7/8 inch wide. Retractable blade broadheads may be smaller than 7/8 inch wide in flight, but not less than 7/8 inch wide when open. There is no maximum size restriction on fixed blade or retractable blade broadheads.
- The turkey must be tagged immediately upon killing. All birds must be registered within 24 hours of harvest either online or in person at a registration station.
- Companion hunting: A person who has taken a turkey may assist another properly licensed turkey hunter by calling only. The person assisting by calling shall not possess a firearm or bow and arrow.
- Hunters who harvest 1 bird in the spring may harvest 1 bird during either the fall archery or fall shotgun season. Hunters who harvest 2 birds in the spring forfeit their opportunity to harvest a fall bird.
|Season (Inclusive Dates)||Wildlife Management Units||Season Limit|
|Fall Archery (Sep 15- Dec 8)||A||Combined Limit 1 turkey (either sex)|
|Fall Archery (Sep 15- Dec 15)||B-M||Combined Limit 1 turkey (either sex)|
|Fall Shotgun (Oct 16-22, 2023)||D2, G, H1, H2, I1, I2, J2, K, L, M||Combined Limit 1 turkey (either sex)|
|Spring (May 1- 31)||One turkey statewide- other turkey H1, H2, I1, J2, K, L, or M||Combined Limit One or 2 (male/ bearded)|
|Youth (April 29-30, 2023)||One turkey statewide- other turkey H1, H2, J2, K, L, or M||Combined Limit One or 2 (male/ bearded)|