Trapping on State Lands

List of State Lands Available For Trapping

Kimball Hill WMA property in Groton, NH. The Wildlife Division of the NH Fish and Game Department issues trapping permits to trap on Fish and Game owned and leased lands, state forest and park lands, dam sites administered by the NH Department of Environmental Services, select properties owned by other agencies of the state of New Hampshire as well as Army Corps of Engineers Flood Control Areas and White Mountain National Forest Lands.  Properties with large acreages are broken into non-overlapping units; more than one trapper may be assigned to the property, but no two trappers will be issued permits for the same trapping unit.

Permits are issued for all available properties via a lottery and are valid for 2 years. This year’s lottery has already taken place and permits are valid for the period of October 1, 2022 through September 30, 2024.  Any permits issued after the lottery will also expire on September 30, 2024.  

Properties that remain after the lottery will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis as applications are received in Concord. These properties will be designated with a "Y" indicating they are available. To see a general map of the property, click on the word "map" next to the property.


State Lands Trapping Property List

See trapping permit availability and maps of state lands. 


See List